1819 - Black Pearl
Blended Chocolate Cream Liqueur
In 1819, when the first industrial chocolate factory opened in Vevey, Switzerland, a young factory worker named Leon Amsler often took a little bit of chocolate home to his wife, Tové, to warm her during the cold Swiss winters.
Tové, grateful for her husband’s devotion and care, decided to do something in return…
Having kept a generous measure of chocolate aside, she blended it with an old family recipe to create a smooth, sweet drink with a bit of a cheeky bite.
It was so delicious and comforting that, from that night onwards, they had one together every night.
Tové’s recipe was handed down for generations to come, resulting in the contents of this bottle today.